I’m active in organizations whose mission is outreach, education, and professional networking for individuals interested in fields relevant to Psychology, Human Factors, and User Experience. I am dedicated to serving alongside those organizations to increase participation, plan and manage educational and social activities, help the community, and support my colleagues and friends. I’ve also managed social media accounts and designed websites for groups like the Norfolk’s User Experience Professionals Association (UXPANorfolk), Old Dominion University Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES) student chapter, and the International HFES Virtual Environments Technical Group.
User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA) Norfolk chapter
Manage and co-manage monthly educational, networking, and outreach events.
- Invite speakers, organize event sponsorship and locations, design marking material, engage community through social media, and assist board members with other tasks involved in managing monthly events.
Manage social media accounts.
Designed the current website.
- Designed UXPANorfolk.com using an Eventbrite theme for WordPress, organized information architecture, and designed associated graphics using Photoshop.
Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES) Virtual Environments Technical Group
Assist board members in managing conference activities.
- Organize technical group’s annual conference reviews, communicate with reviewers, coordinate sessions, and chair sessions.
Designed the current website (2013).
- Designed tg.hfes.org/vetg using Dreamweaver, organized information architecture, and designed associated graphics using Photoshop.
Old Dominion University Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES) student chapter
Managed or co-managed events (2011 – 2013).
- Earned HFES national Gold Status for the chapter during 2011-2012.
- Was awarded the 2012 Psychology Graduate Student Service Award, Old Dominion University, Psychology department.
- Organized or assisted other officers in managing monthly meetings and educational, networking, alumni and social events.
- Co-organized 2012 Virginia HFES student conference with other VA HFES student chapters.
- Collaborated with the Virginia Tech HFES student chapter President to coordinate a site visit to Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI).
Managed online presence (2010 – 2013).
- Created Facebook account, managed content, and increased engagement.
- Designed website using Google Sites, managed website content, and designed associated graphics using Photoshop.
Edited or contributed newsletters (2011 – 2013).